Thursday, June 28, 2007

American Idol here we come....

(Mason came up with title)



Landon and Mason enjoyed watching Blake Lewis this year on American Idol. We would record the show and let the boys watch Blake (he was our favorite Idol, and he's also from Seattle!) For our Memorial day Camp Out Landon and Mason wanted to sing one of the songs he sang on the show. So they say "You Give Love A Bad Name" (originally sung by Bon Jovi). They of course loved performing it, and then Landon decided to sing it for show and tell one day at school. So one thing lead to another and they ended up singing it on the last day of school, (this last Tuesday, yes we are finally out of school) during the end of the year assembly. They sang in front of 600 of their peers and about 100 adults. It always amazes Zeke and I that they love to perform in front of others, this is something you would have never seen either of us do, but we are happy that they have the confidence to do it.




13 comments:

Joan said...

Awesome performance! Landon and Mason, you just gave courage and singing "a good name"!

Islander said...

I was there and it was a riot!!! The audience loved them and got into their performance right from the beginning - it was so much fun! I am very proud of these two amazingly talented grandsons!. Barbara

Michelle said...

AMAZING!! They are so dang cute and really know how to wow the crowd. Way to go boys!!

Matt and Jama said...

Good job Landon & Mason! I'll see you on American Idol season 15.

Tammy said...

Wow! I wish I had 1/2 your confidence, guys. You are so entertaining to watch. Keep up the great performing!

Joshua said...

personally, i am really happy to see bon jovi is still as relevant to elementary kids today as they were when I used to go on lakeview skating nights to melody skating rink and couple skate to "livin on a prayer" and "you give love a bad name".

great job both of you.

Monique said...

Wow that was amazing! I loved that performance by Blake Lewis on American Idol and I downloaded the song from itunes as soon as I could. I can't believe they even added the beatbox. They definitely have a promising future!

Tara said...

Looks like a fun time for all. Good job!

The Guisinger Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy, Melissa, Payson, Olivia, and Hudson said...

ROCK ON!!!

That was freaking amazing. I could feel the passion in their voices. It's as if they have had their hearts broken. And at such a young age. That leads to great musicians every time. Way to go!!!

Jenn said...

You guys are just TOO COOL!

Aaron says, "It was so good of you to sing a song. I liked the song. It was so long and it was cool. Good job."

Vicky said...

Way to Rock and Roll! We've needed some talent in our family.

kj said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! They are such great performers. Wish I could have been there to see it in person. Thanks for posting this!