Friday, July 20, 2007

2 Boys, 9 Teeth, and 2 Surgeries

I haven't been much of a blogger lately, and I promised some family members that I would post about my boys teeth, so here it is:

Earlier this year while taking Landon and Mason to their routine dental examine. I was waiting in the waiting room for Mason to finish and the dentist called me back and said that Mason had a rare mouth. He had an extra baby tooth up in his gums. This extra baby tooth was preventing his adult teeth from coming in and it would need to be removed through oral surgery. This extra tooth was located in the upper front of his month. Mason had lost one of his baby teeth in that spot, but not the other. He looked pretty funny with an adult tooth and 1 baby tooth right next to each other in his mouth. The dentist said this was something he has hardly ever seen, and Mason was probably his 3rd case in his career. Well... until Landon sat in the chair next........

As I went back out into the waiting room I thought about taking Mason in to an oral surgeon, and how Landon already goes to an orthodontist and being somewhat frustrated that teeth cost so much $$$. Soon I was called back again to hear Dr. Sadlier say: "Stephanie, this is making me want to cry...Landon has two extra teeth!" So this makes Landon the 4th case he has ever seen. Well, to make an already long story short, the boys waited until the summer (Landon had to wait to get his expander out from the orthodontist) and last week both boys had teeth removed on two separate days from an Oral Surgeon. Here are some before and after pictures.

Mason right before



Mason right after: he was so loopie:) but so happy when he woke up with this Mariner's hat on his head and bat bag in his lap. Dr. Molen couldn't have given him a better reward for pain. It actually made Landon look forward to his big day!




Mason today! He's very proud of his one tooth pirate look!(he lost 3)




Landon right before!


Landon today! (He lost 6 teeth and yes the tooth fairy came)
Both boys with Dr. Molen. Dr. Molen was a friend of Melissa (my sister) growing up, so I thought she would enjoy this picture. He was a great Doctor!

So I guess you can say these boys share everything, even teeth problems!

6 comments:

Findlay Family said...

They look good! Dave (Dr Molen) looks the same. I'm glad it all went well...

Tara said...

What a relief to have it over with! I'm glad it went well and that the boys were able to bounce back so quickly!

Those are some pretty good gifts from the doctor!

kj said...

What troopers they are! Faith was very impressed with their extra teeth. We might even have to call to get more details. Glad Landon and Mason are recovering so quickly!

Jackie said...

It looks like you and the boys survived and it didn't stop them from playing a great game of baseball!

susie said...

Hi Steph! Holly told me about your blog, so I thought I'd come by and check it out! I see your sister every once in a while. Small world! Your kids are so cute! Glad the surgeries went well.

Michelle said...

They look really great! I hear you on how much teeth cost! After we get everything done with Brekkon we'll be lucky to have $$ left fro the other two.