Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My favorite Mother's day present ever!!

Ever since I became a Mom, I have loved Mother's day. However, one Mother's day is unforgettable. Five years ago on Mother's day, Lydia was born. She has been the best Mother's day present ever! This year, it was her birthday on Mother's day. I was happy to share my day with my sweet little girl, who has been such a joy to our family. It was fun to have her join me for breakfast in bed on Sunday morning, she thought that was pretty neat also.


Happy 5th birthday Lydia!



This year Lydia wanted a Ballerina Party.






She had been waiting all year for her birthday.




Her party was the Friday before her birthday, at 4pm. It was a long day waiting for all her friends to arrive.






Then they came and the dancing fun began!





One of the games was a Freeze Dance



Ballerina Favors






Ballerina Slipper Cake

On Sunday she blew out candles again on 1/2 the cake. She had a heck of a time blowing them out, which made us all laugh. She told me later that her wish was just have a happy birthday.
I'm pretty sure her wish came true.


12 comments:

Miss Jackie said...

Could she be any cuter!! She really is SO Cute! Looks fun and my aren't you the Martha!

Tara said...

I can see why she's your favorite Mother's Day present. And it's such a bonus that she's so pink and girly. She looks so cute in her dance gear.

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day! That's a fun combination.

Islander said...

Lydia is so much fun and her birthday party was too cute with all the darling ballerina friends. Stephanie really knows how to put on the best children parties! Her kids are very lucky.

Jenn said...

What a darling party! So sweet. Love the ballerina slipper cake. Too cute.

Camille said...

I've always thought Lydia is just so darling and that ballerina outfit is the cutest I've ever seen. The party looked fun and all the details are so cute, great job Stephanie!

Jackie said...

What a fun girly party. Love the cute slipper cake. How do you guys make these fabulous cakes? Lydia looks adorable in her cute ballerina outfit. What a fun day!

susie said...

She is just as cute as can be!!! What a fun birthday party! I haven't had a real 'girl' party yet...I think it's going to be so fun! You did a great job!

Mary said...

Enjoy every minute. We went to Kirstyn's last dance concert this past weekend. It was fun to see all of the little girls dance and remember when Kirstyn was that age. Now dance is paying for collage. YEA!

Mrs. Budge said...

That is the sweetest birthday party I've ever seen. I love it and just might have to use that idea for Taya's 5th birthday. Lydia is adorable!

Matt and Carla said...

Lydia looks like she came straight out of the Nutcracker ballet! And aren't you Mrs. Creativity yourself, the little goodie-to-gos are too cute...did you come up w/ those yourself?! Looks like it was such a fun and cute party! That's neat that Lydia came on Mothers Day, how sweet...being the only girl as well and coming on such a special day!

cjanddiane said...

I love the ballerina party idea. Lydia is a doll and you are so creative with the party favors and cake! Are you guys still moving back here?

Michelle said...

How fun to share that special day with your daughter! She is really cute and I'm sure her birthday wish came true. It looks like she had a very happy birthday!