Monday, April 2, 2012

Blast from the past!


It always been fun to get together with my High School/ church girl friends.  We use to get together almost bi monthly, but with growing kids and busier schedules it has become a semi annual thing at the most.  Susie (currently living in Utah) was in town for the weekend, so it was a great excuse to get together.  Zeke and I had attended a wedding reception earlier that night and on the way home he dropped me off at a local restaurant for a night out with the girls.  It was a surprise too all of us when two HS/church guy friends showed up for our girls night too.  Brooke had heard Brian (who lives in Utah) was in town, so she arranged the get together with him and Zach, but didn't tell any of us, as she wanted it to be a fun surprise.  

Brian and Zach were kind of like brothers to all of us,  Zach and I were playmates as far back as kindergarten, and Brian was the first to take me on a date.  Although it wasn't the typical girls night out conversation topics, we had a fun night laughing and catching up on each others lives.   
It's been 18 years but it was just like old times hanging out and joking around.   
We counted between the 6 of us we have 21 kids-- hard to believe.

Grateful for the friends of my youth! 
Left-Right:  Zach, Brian, Susie, Brooke, me, and Holly

No comments: