Saturday, December 15, 2007

Savior of the World!

In celebration of our Stake's Sliver Anniversary, our stake put on the production of "The Savior of the World". It was a wonderful experience for Landon, Mason, Zeke and my Dad. Words can't describe this experience. Landon and Mason love to perform and have been in a number of plays for school and camps, but nothing compares to the spirit of this story of the birth of our Savior.

Landon and Mason sung a duet in Hebrew as temple boys. When they were given this part, I thought oh-no! I will never be able to help them with this. I am so grateful for some talented women in our stake that taught my boys their song.




  • Temple scene also. Zeke is in the middle.
    "Come Lord Jesus to the Manger.. may we see thy tender face"




    Angels
    The entire cast and crew! Over 100 people it took to put this together.
    They transformed the foyers in our church with real Christmas trees, pictures of the Savior and beautiful music. It set the tone for the sweet spirit of this production.
    I attended the performance 4 times, and never got tired of it. Jacob came to 3 of the shows. By the last night he was so tuckered out.



8 comments:

Tara said...

You got some great pictures. You guys gave so much time to this production, I'm glad it was such a great experience. We enjoyed watching it.

Vicky said...

Wow! I am impressed. We have seen the production at the Conference Center. What a great experience for you family.

Jackie said...

It was a great performance and I know what a sacrifice is was for your family with all the time that went into practices and sewing costumes.

Findlay Family said...

beautiful pictures. Makes me sad that I wasn't there to see it. I'm so glad you guys got to participate in such a special event-with grandpa too.

Michelle said...

Those are some awsome pictures! Wow I bet that was such a fun experiance for the men in your life. Did you video tape any of it?

btw, got your Christmas card.

Jeremy, Melissa, Payson, Olivia, and Hudson said...

Great stuff. What a wonderful thing to do. I'm glad you all had so much fun.

susie said...

It looks amazing!!! Wasn't Pam Smith in charge...I wouldn't expect anything less from her! I love your dad's beard...did he keep it for Christmas? That would be so fun! Glad your family could participate in such a special event.

Camille said...

This was so neat. I'm glad your family had a good experience, it was a lot of fun to watch!