Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our baby is ONE!

Last Friday was Jacob's first birthday. This last year went so fast, yet we feel like Jacob has been part of our life forever. We can't believe he is entering the toddler stage because he is still our little baby boy!

To celebrate we had a small gathering with Grandma and Grandpa McKinney. Jacob understood that it was a party, I just don't think he understood it was all about him.


Of course the cake is a big part of a first birthday, so for Jacob I made a small cake that was a replica of his favorite toy, a small soft ball. For the rest of us we had cupcakes with pictures of Jacob on them.



The older kids enjoyed Jacob's small party, probably more than he did.







"So what are you giving me here"



"I don't think I want it"





"I guess I'll eat it"




Jacob didn't exactly dive into the cake like we thought he would. In fact he shuttered with each bite, which was exactly how Landon and Mason were on their first birthday.





Old man winter gave Jacob a snow shower on his birthday.




And we thought spring had begun!






12 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, I can hardly believe Jacob is already one, but then looking at these pictures he sure does look like he's moved out of the baby stages and into toddlerhood. Fun pictures - Happy Birthday Jacob!

Joshua said...

looks like a good first birthday. happy birthday wishes to jacob from us.

Vicky said...

My how time flys! Your children are growing up so fast. We are looking forward to your return to Utah.

Joan said...

He is growing so fast! Thank you Steph for the wonderful update, he is soooo cute. I can't wait to see him, Lydia and YOU this Friday!

Jenn said...

I heard about the snow. Crazy! Happy birthday to Jacob! Hope all is going well with the transition to Utah. Thinking about you guys!

Tara said...

He's still your baby but I have to admit, he looks pretty grown up in that first picture. Definitely a darling birthday boy!

I love the pictures in the cupcakes idea.

Camille said...

Boy that year went fast. He's such a darling little boy and we're so glad he came to your family! That looks like a fun little party.

susie said...

They get so big so fast, don't they! He looks like such a big boy! I always love the messy cake at the first birthday! What a cutie!

Jackie said...

I always think first birthdays are so fun. What a cute little boy!

Mrs. Budge said...

Wow, I don't even think I've met Jacob - that is crazy that he is now one! We are so happy you will be in Utah, then we will get to know your kids a little better. I know what you mean about thinking it is finally spring and then you get the big surprise.

Michelle said...

My mom told me about the freak snow storm. YUCK!! You can always come down to sunny St. George {wink wink}.

Happy birthday to Jacob! It looks like he had a great time. My boys were the same way with there first birthday cake.

Email me your new address and phone number. Next time I come up we will have to get together.

Anonymous said...

That was fast! I can't believe it! Happy Birthday Jacob!