Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Goodbye to the Green Car

Yesterday we sold our car, which has provided us with many memories over the years. Both Stephanie and I can't believe we don't have that car anymore. Its funny how some objects seem to become part of your life.

Stephanie and I bought the car soon after we were married from a used car lot a block away from our apartment in Logan. For a long time it was our family car. As the family grew we got a minivan and the green car became my commuter car for many more years. It was very reliable and efficient. Everything they say about Honda's is true, but at 194K miles it was starting to become a burden and with three cars and a two car garage we knew it was time to give it up.

I was worried it would be difficult to sell because it has some issues and there seem to be hundreds of these for sell. I posted it on craigslist Monday night. Three hours later I had about ten emails asking about it and by morning I had many more. In less than 24 hours it was sold for $1000 cash. Guess I should have asked more for it.


6 comments:

Andria said...

I really can't believe you still have that car. That brought back some memories!! We love Honda too!!

Michelle said...

I remember that car! It still looks good.

Yeah we sold our car (little red) a while ago.

Emily said...

That's funny. We just sold our "green car" too! Jeff's subaru with over 200,000 miles, it was a good car but it's time had come. He also sold it really fast (before he had bought another one even!) and wondered if he should have asked for more.

Melissa said...

I can't believe you sold the green Honda! It will forever remind me of when we first met and were neighbors.

Camille said...

Ahh, so sad to see it go. What a good little car it's been.

Holly said...

How many times have we thought we'd seen the last of the "green car."

We'll feel the same when Justin's "red car" reaches it's end.