Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Dress Up!

I have always loved Halloween, I love the candy, pumpkins, cider, parties, sugar cookies, and costumes. But this year my favorite thing was dressing up this little Tiger!!! (my other kids can dress themselves)


Lydia could not make up her mind on what to be this Halloween. Originally she was going to be a Denver Bronco cheerleader (thanks to a friend that recently moved to Denver). But she just couldn't give up the Princesses this year. So at three different Halloween festivities she was a different princess. Here she is as Ariel the night of Halloween. Notice the fork in the hair, her personal touch. The boys were Denver Bronco Football players. (Hence, why Lydia was going to be a Denver Cheerleader)
Before Trick or Treating our Ward (church) had a Halloween Carnival down at the Stake Center.
The boys loved the Donut eating contest. Landon our donut lover, cobbled the donut up before Mason even got a good bite.
Then we headed back to our neighborhood where the kids went Trick or Treating.



Half the fun for the kids was passing out candy back at our house. We had over 200 trick or treaters!





Two days before Halloween I threw a little Halloween Party for Lydia and 7 of her Friends. Don't they look cute? Lydia was Belle for this festivity.









We finished up the party with a balloon stomp, where they would find candy inside the balloons.




Landon and Mason even got to dress up for their sharing piano lesson this week.



On Saturday I took the kids Trick or Treating downtown Auburn.

Here Lydia with her friend Alyssa as two sleeping beauties.




Zeke and I also got into costumes this year, when we attended an annual couples Halloween Party.





With another Sumo wrestler at the party, we couldn't resist a sumo wrestling contest.


Now he was trying too hard to live up to his character. (And incase you are wondering, I am still not crazy about the beard).



The men and one women had fun craving pumpkins using power tools.




Power tool master piece.


9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, your kids looks so cute in their costumes. I love how Lydia was a different princess. Too cute!

Looks like you had fun at all your parties and on Halloween. I really missed not being in Texas this year and missing the annual party we used to go to. Oh well, we still had a good time.

With Halloween over now we can move onto Thanksgiving! Bring on the yummieness!!

Tara said...

I was beginning to think the Halloween fun was never going to end. The party for the girls was cute.

The pic of the boys eating the donuts is really great.

Joan said...

What a totally fun week you all had! Great costumes! Bronco's, Princesses, Tigger's, Wrestlers and Geisha's...what a combo! Thanks for all the great pics!

Jackie said...

I like the idea of the Halloween party for Lydia. The girls all look so cute!

I can't wait until Sienna likes to play dress up.

Findlay Family said...

PARTY ANIMALS!!

Your kids looked great and tigger was especially cute. I wouldn't say Zeke was that cute. I didn't know sumo guys grew beards.
Looked like fun...

Holly said...

Fun pictures! The girls had so much fun at Lydia's Halloween party.

Jacob makes an adorable tigger.. so cute!

Tammy said...

My kids would be jealous if they found out there are moms out there who do Halloween parties for their kids. They keep asking me to have a party, and I reply, "Maybe, next year!" Maybe next year!

Cute, cute pictures! Cute, cute kids!

susie said...

So much fun!! How cute would it have been if she was a DB cheerleader! Oh well, she's adorable anyway! Glad you had a blast!

Unknown said...

Hi Steph,
I love your blog! Your mom gave me your address to check it out! I hope you don't mind :)I'm thinking I might have to start my own!

I love the whole thing! And it's fun to see your kids. I've hardly seen Landon and Mason at all now that they've moved on to third grade! -Jen