Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Finding Star Fish!
Flying kites was Lydia's favorite part of the trip!
Just walking along the beach! A favorite of mine!
On Sunday after church the weather was a little cooler. We went and climb this Lewis and Clark Column. I didn't think I was scared of heights until I tried climbing 350 stairs to the top.
The view from the top was amazing. The kids loved sending off little wooden airplanes that Uncle Josh got for them.
Our family at the bottom, with the Astoria Bridge in the background.
Jacob and Mom
This was the old house we stayed in. It was a kids heaven, 4 stories of fun! Over a hundred years old, we were all suspicious it could be haunted. My one regret is that I never did spook Chris at night.
Jacob enjoyed spending time with Quinn and Amelia.
All the cousins (except Jacob- he slept a lot of the weekend)
On the first day Amelia turned one! We were happy we got to spend her birthday with her.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
10 things about Zeke that I love…
1. He is a handy man! Give him a project and some time and he can fix or build whatever!
2. He’s a complete sports nut! Thought I understood this about him when we got married, but I only understood about 10 percent of his passion. And now, I have even grown to like the Broncos.
3. He is a kid at heart. For example. he spent a day at Cub Day Camp this summer in the rain and completely enjoyed himself, especially during this fun activity! He really rallied theses boys.
4. He is a smarty pants! However, he will never admit it.
5. He never stops running. Figuratively speaking of course, but he is hard to keep up with sometimes.
6. He’s my favorite person in the world to tease, and I think I am likewise the same for him.
7. He loves his family(extended and immediate)
8. He is an awesome Dad!!
9. He is faithful!
10.He is loving, sweet, patient, understanding, helpful, kind, gentle, etc to me, and I love him a ton!
Happy Birthday Zeke!
(Just as an added note: He's going to wish I didn't do this post, so hopefully he doesn't delete it.)
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
One night for our Spirit Walk we had a slide show of pictures of the Savior. To go with the words from "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" It was very powerful.
The lake up at camp is really cold. But it didn't stop many of the girls from jumping in on those warm afternoons. They usually jumped in screamed and then climbed right out. Big reason why we required them to wear life jackets.
Hawaiian night! Me with some of the leaders.
I had awesome leaders!!! Couldn't have done it without them.
On the last night we had a cruise dinner. It was a lot of fun. The girls all dress up and they looked so good. Here are a few of them before the dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the dinner, I was too busy with Jacob, and helping out that I never got a chance.
Here is myself with my Assistant Diane. We worked so well together and she kept me laughing through all the stresses.