Thursday, May 3, 2007

All Girl!!

What do you get when you have one girl and three boys?
Lydia, who is all girl!!
While I was in the hospital having Jacob, Grandma McKinney took Lydia to the fabric store and together they picked out material and a pattern for a summer dress. Lydia knew exactly what she wanted and had a great time picking it out. Grandma said she was by far the best kid she has ever taken to the fabric store. (I remember those long visits to the fabric store when I was a kid, I probably wasn't always that easy to take).
Above: Here is Lydia modeling her dress that Grandma made her and Lydia designed.
Thanks Grandma for the dress!!

Over this last weekend Lydia discovered French Braides (or should I say I can finally do them, without it looking too bad). I told her when I was a little girl this is how I wore my hair, especially when my Grammie McKinney would come to visit. She now wants them everyday.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Lydia is so cute! Good thing she ia all girl with all those boys. Every mom needs a girl to have fun with!

Islander said...

Steph
That sure looks like one of your childhood pictures. It brings back many good memories. Lydia is a doll and the first picture shows she knows it.

dad

Jenn said...

What a darling picture of Lydia! I remember those long days at the fabric store too! Looks like Lydia has a talent and interest in clothing design.

Findlay Family said...

She is such a cutie pie. Love the braided hair on her. She looks like a little girl I grew up with..
Melissa

Tara said...

I came looking for pictures of noses and ballerinas but Lydia is MUCH better to look at!

I love that she's a girly girl and think she looks adorable in braids!

Camille said...

sooo cute! Your mom does such a great job with all those dresses she makes for her too, you'd never guess they were homemade.