Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quick trip to Texas!

Last weekend Jacob and I took a quick trip to Texas. My brother Josh lives in Austin with his cute family. We meet Melissa and Kaitlyn there too, and wouldn't you know Melissa and I showed up wearing the same shirt (this has happened to us before), unfortunately I never got a picture us wearing them together.
It was so great to spend time with everyone. The first night we ate on this deck overlooking Lake Travis, and enjoyed this beautiful sunset.
Is it really February?

Taking Jacob on a 5.5 hour plane ride to Texas wasn't the easiest thing I have ever done. But it was worth every second to see how much he loved being with Amelia.


Jacob thought it was so much fun to ride in the back of the car with Amelia. They laughed and carried on their own conversations in their own language.


We spent one day in San Antonio. Being from Seattle we had to see San Antonio's version of the Space Needle called "The Tower of the America's"

It was neat to see San Antonio from so high up. Without the mountains you could see forever!

Up on top there was an inside and an outside. It was very windy outside.
Amelia loved it and wanted to be only outside, she was so funny! Jacob has always shown a fondness for Josh. He liked hanging out with him.

It was a beautiful day to walk the River walk in San Antonio.

It was also neat to see the Texas State Capital.
The University of Texas is a short walk from the Capital so we went and walked around one of top 10 largest universities in the U.S.
The Campus has a neat art piece of hanging yellow noodles. We all had fun walking through it and swinging on the noodles (surgical tubes).
The biggest highlight was meeting Jett. He is my six month old nephew. Isn't he cute?

9 comments:

Joshua said...

was fun... glad you all came... amelia and jett (and us) had a blast

kj said...

What a fun trip! Don't you love seeing your kids play with their cousins? So so so much fun.

Andria said...

What a fun trip. It sounds like it was great for everyone. Texas looked so nice too.

Findlay Family said...

cute pics. We had fun hanging out with you. Hope your last airplane ride was okay!!!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a fun trip visiting your brother. Loved the pictures. They brought back some great memories. I sure do miss living in Texas. I've been to all those places. It was fun looking at your pictures of San Antonio. The river walk is just beautiful, that was one of my fav. things to do whenever we would drive down. Yup, I miss it.

I started a new blog. Check it out.

Camille said...

You sure packed a lot into that "quick trip". Looks like fun!

Tammy said...

What a fun trip! We lived in Austin when Steven was Jacob's age, so it really brought back memories--plane rides alone with Steven! What an experience. I reminded him of those trips last time we were in the airport. I said, "Imagine you running at top speed down this terminal while I'm chasing you and telling you to stop!" He thought that was funny and apologized (12 years later)!

Jackie said...

I'm glad you could get away for the weekend. I'm going to Phoenix in April to see my brothers and I can't wait!

Matt and Carla said...

Sounds like a great get-away for you and Jacob. That's so funny about you and your sis showing up in the same shirt on two different occassions! Jacob and little Amelia looked liked they had a blast together, that's too cute! I've been to Texas once and I remember all of the people just being unusally friendly and so nice, must be that southern hospitality!