Monday, June 29, 2009

Seattle Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon!!!

10 years ago I never thought I would run a 1/2 marathon, but after 7 years of running at 6am in the morning I finally got myself to sign up for one. The Rock and Roll run sounded like so much fun.



So June 27th was the day. The weather was perfect, it was my 12 year anniversary, and I felt pretty good. We left the house at 5:30am and headed to the starting point along with 25,000 other people.



I have ran a lot of 5K's but this was different. So many more people and such long lines at the potties.



When the horn blew we were off and what a perfect day it was to run along beautiful Lake Washington into down town Seattle.

After 10 weeks of training we wondered how we would do. Zeke has been experiencing some back and alelies issues, two days before the race he didn't even know if he would run, but in the end he "rocked" the race and ended at an amazing time of 1 hour 40 minutes 46 seconds. He came in 505th overall out of 15,541 half marathoners! Wow! I was so proud of him.



It was Tara's first 1/2 too. We ran together and it was so much fun. We surprised ourselves with a great time of 1 hour 53 minutes 28 seconds. Which put me at 1884th place.


What a feeling of accomplishment it is to pass the finish line. The pain was worth that feeling.

The day before the race we picked up our packet at the expo and my kids made these signs along with Tara's kids. They stayed over at Grandma and Grandpa's while we ran. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for taking care of them on your 40th anniversary.

Later that night Zeke and I went out to dinner on Lake Union to celebrate our 12 year anniversary. Following we went to the post Rock and Roll run concert. KebMo performed and it was nice to sit back and relax.



Rock and Roll 2010 sign me up!!


5 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad you talked me into doing it. It was definitely worth the effort.

I'm proud of how we did and Zeke's time was really amazing, especially considering the injuries.

Joshua said...

13 min behind zeke aint that bad.

good job.

Melissa said...

Congrats Steph! What a great accomplishment..and Happy Anniversary!

Mrs. Budge said...

You go girl! Congratulations on such an accomplishment! I'm all talk and no show, I am proud you went through with it.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Wow Stephanie! Great job!